Thursday, July 19, 2007

With God there are no coincidences

Hi my name is Myciala. I didn't really know what God had in store for me this week. When we first came to California I was like hey this is gonna be fun! I didn't really know how he was going to use me this week. My five day club team has been amazing. I've gotten really close to the other people in my group this week. I'm glad that I got to know them. I also become very attached to the kids from our five day club group. This week God has used the five of us in changing fourteen lives this week. These are the names of the kids that became Christians this week, and the names of the people in my group that talked to them about Jesus.

Yoli- Accepted Christ with me this week

Alin- Accepted Christ twice this week. With Brandon and I.

Lezli- Accepted Christ with me this week. She's one of the kids I've gotten really attached to.

Lezli & Myciala

Alexx-Accepted Christ with Nolan and I this week. He's one of the other kids I'm really going to miss seeing.

Alexx

Johnathan- Accepted Christ with me this week.

Andy- Accepted Christ with Brandon

Israel- Accepted Chris with Ryan

Marina- Accepted Christ with Me

Raymond- Accepted Christ with Brandon

Marissa- Accepted Christ with Ally

Jordan- Accepted Christ with Nolan

Hung- Accepted Christ with Brandon

Karla- Accepted Christ with me

The three kids that I've become really attached to are: Alexx, Yoli, and Lezli. It's amazing how God has brought me to Yoli. I asked her if she wanted to accept Christ and she said yes. So we went through a booklet called "Peace with God," and at the end of reading it she closed her eyes and repeated after me. She accepted Jesus into her heart. It was really great. After that she hugged me, and she started to cry. She's like, "I feel so stupid that I'm crying, I just feel so happy inside." and I told her that it was okay to cry. During this time that I was telling her about God it seemed very key to her that someone loved her that much. She found it hard to believe that someone could love her no matter what she did wrong, and that He could see all the pain and tears she's cried. I kept drilling that into her because that's what I've also found comfort in. It was really a God thing that we connected because she was able to open up to me and tell me things that she's never told anyone before. After I was hugging her she just looked sad. So I asked her if she wanted to tell me what was wrong. She said no so I asked her if I told her some of the things I've experienced in my life so far if that would make it easier for her to share. She nodded. So I went on and told her some things that I've been through. She just started crying really hard. She told me that her dad has beaten her mom. She told me sometimes it was for no reason. She said that he hadn't beaten her for a while. Though I don't know how long that has been. The things that she's gone through in life are very hard. I kept telling her that it wasn't fair what she's seen, or things shes gone through. I prayed over her, and after a while of her crying she stopped and thanked me. I was also crying. It was a God thing. I just made sure to let her know that in time everything would get better. I told her that the hard things in life made you stronger, and though it's hard to think about that now later you will understand. She found real comfort in that. I was really glad that God put me in that spot at the time because I'm really happy to know that I was able to help.

Yoli

No comments: