Thursday, July 19, 2007

perla and guindalia

This is Rachel posting my thoughts about leading these two wonderful girls to Christ! On Tuesday, our group decided to try a different approach to the "handful of hope." We split up into smaller groups so we could reach to the kids on a more personal level. It worked really well :) I took Perla and Guindalia and we started talking about each one of the fingers in depth. I kept repeating the fact that Jesus Christ had to die on the cross because he loves us so much and He wanted us to live in Heaven with Him forever. They eventually asked how they could go to Heaven. They became apart of God's family that night. My whole face beemed. I was grinning from ear to ear and became so overwhelmed with joy for them that I started to tear up. It was an amazing experience for all three of us. I felt so happy because that's what I'm called for as a Christian. The next day, they brought their Bibles and we highlighted like crazy. It's so wonderful to see that they are so excited to learn more about God and His uncontainable love for His children. My prayer is that they continue to grow way deeper in their faith. Thanks, God! :)

No comments: