Thursday, July 19, 2007

Who Would Have Thought?

This week has gone by so fast. So many good things have happened. It's crazy. I never pictured it this way. All week, it's like God has been supplying us with little puzzle pieces. Every conversation, every message, ever Bible verse, ever song sang, have been pieces of the puzzle. Every once in awhile, one piece will fit with another, and it goes on and on. I never thought that one, little, two minute conversation could end up changing my life a day later... that it could be applied to my life in such a way. God gives us these pieces one by one. We just need to recognize that we need to put them together. My whole perspective on life has changed SO much! I honestly can't believe it. God has had so many different things planned for us that we never expected. He is so AMAZING! It blows my mind! How can He be so good to us? I don't understand.
Not only has this trip changed my life, but it's humbled me. A week before this trip, I was in this to get a kid to accept Christ and to take the glory for myself. I prayed that, that wouldn't be the reason why I was doing it, but my selfish mind got a hold of me. Two nights before we left, I decided to get into 1 Corinthians. I was reading through it, and then I saw 1 Corinthians 3:6-9. It says, "I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building." I was like, "WOAH! Wake up call! Thanks God. *as I'm laughing to myself*" I was immediately struck with this humbling feeling, knowing that this was NOT about me! I feel so stupid for thinking that in the first place. The glory goes to God alone. I'm glad I understand that now. Just like I said before, this was another puzzle piece for me. It fits with another.
On this trip, I had 8 people in my 5 day club group: Natalie, Lisa, Bret, Heath, Kyle, Enroco (Seth Martin), and myself. Their were about 7 kids in our group, and three of them accepted Christ this week (Jeremy, Joanne, and Kaitlyn)! So praise God!
Another AWESOME story, is how Karlee Gaston brought two little girls to Christ at Huntington Beach. Brandon W., Karlee, and I were drawing verses in the sand and randomly asking people if they wanted to know Jesus. Like two minutes after we started, we started talking to these two little girls. Karlee asked them if they wanted to know Jesus, and they both said yes! So she talked to them about Him, and explained His love. She prayed with them, and they both accepted Christ into their hearts that day!!! How awesome is that?!?!
God has molded my heart into something different this week. I'm looking forward to seeing what He does in all of our lives tonight! :-)
So thank you to all who prayed for us! And thank You, Lord, for how You allowed this week to end! It couldn't have been any better. And to all my brothers and sisters in Christ in this group (not just in my little 5 day clubs group), thank you so much for how easy you made my first year at clubs! It's been awesome! Thank you for being so accepting to all us Frosh! You have no idea how much I appreciate it! I love you all!!! Don't forget to get in touch with Daryl Huf, so we can get the Spoons party planned! I pray God blesses you. He's definitely blessed me with the opportunity of knowing all of you! So thanks!

God Bless!
Bri Leenders

Proverbs 16:4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, this year was really good everyone! I really enjoyed seeing all of you grow in Christ, and see prayers answered. God works in so many ways, and He used allll of you to do His works not only in these kids lives, but He also used all of you in my life this week as well. Thanks again everyone, and have a great rest of the summer.
God Bless, Matt Fier