Friday, July 20, 2007

It's me again! I wanted to write about how tonight's communion went. I wanted it to be one of those times when God's love is SO evident, and His presence is SO overwhelming. I've only experienced that feeling a few times in my life, not many. It's that feeling that gives me the most hope that I'm gonna make it... that I will not fall because I know God's gonna catch me. I didn't end up finding that feeling tonight... but I found something else. I realized how awesome this Body of Christ is. I realized how many brothers and sisters that I have that are going through the same thing, or even more than me. I realized how much God has blessed me! They are my family. They are my accountability. They are the people who will help this generation turn around. I found a new love for Christ also though. Hearing about other people's struggles and the pain that they are going through helped me so much! Before you think, "Wow, she's weird," let me finish. People came to me for advice, and I gave them advice I've been searching for, for myself. It gave me so much hope. I know now I need to learn to rely on God, not myself, not my family, not my friends. God, being our Father, wants me to rely on Him. I know that now, and I'm trying. This trip has brought me way more than I expected. During worship tonight, I prayed God would break me, empty me, and fill me with Him. I was about to cry because I couldn't feel it. I couldn't feel God's presence like I used to. Then, out of no where, God showed me He was there. I felt peace. God's presence was so ALIVE in that room. He definitely broke me. How amazing is He?!?! We will never know. We just need to have faith that He will continue to show us bits and pieces of His grace, mercy, love, and of His glory.

We love You, God! Thank You!
California Team (LENNY'S TEAM!)

1 John 3:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, so great to hear that everything is going so well. There are tons of people praying for you!!!! Have a safe trip home. :)

Jenn peil

a blog by trina chase said...

Tabs. This is great. I loved seeing all the pix and getting the scoop on 5-day clubs. Thanks for doing it! Not to give you more work... but since the G-Shep web cite never got up and running, at least not the one that we started with Jay Bose, cuz I have checked... WHAT IF... you (or Mandy or someone) simply did a blog? It would be totally easy to maintain... students are online... I think it might be at least SOMETHING (you know what I mean). :) Just an idea. Hope you're loving summer and can chill a bit after the chaos of clubs. Keep me posted when you get a chance!